Thursday 1 July 2010


So I was playing around with paint the other day and I was hoping to create a splash effect, but not any flat splash effect I want it to look like it was a "perfect splash" (if it does exist) and not look all flat..



This made me think of adding a medium it could be gloss or whatever. So what I did was not actually mix the medium with the paint but pour the medium on top of the canvas then put the paint on it and move it around.


I tried gloss as the medium but it didn’t really work (See left side of the photo) it basically left an ugly tint of yellowish white, which my sister F said looked like barf lol!


So I tried varnish, for people who aren’t into art, varnish is used when the painting is done, but I decided to break the rules and use it now, because I want to! So I poured the varnish and then added white paint on top of the canvas and vowalaaaa it worked! When it dried off the varnish became transparent and the paint inside it look amazing and with a sense of depth! (see right side of the photo)

Now that I have tried this out I shall start working on the concept of the painting I have it in my mind I just need to sketch it out.


Update: I am nearly finished with the painting i was working on! hopefully by today it shall be done~ :)


xx

A

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 A Pledge.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.